Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A deep division

          First of all, thank you all who showed me love in the comments or on Facebook about my home tour. Let me tell you, it's not easy inviting anyone who can click on your blog into your home along with any judgement or critics. Let me also clarify I shared my home to inspire those around me to the possibility of creating beautiful spaces that fit your family/needs on a budget. NOT to show off or make anyone unhappy with their current spaces. I am just so grateful for the sweet words of encouragement on something I've worked so hard on over a long period of time. Thanks guys.. virtual hug.
 
           While I love beautiful things on the outside, the beauty on the inside of us is my TRUE PASSION. While digging around for some truth for my soul, because my motto for this year is THRIVING IN TRUTH... I came across this scripture:

2 Timothy 2:25 "The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wrongedwith gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth."
       
             What stuck out to me was, "patient when wronged". What a truth. God wants me..you..us to be patient, kind, not quarrelsome, and gentle... even when wronged. To me that is the hardest part of being a follower of Christ. When the rest of the world would (and sometimes does) rally behind us to retaliate for the victim or justify the wrong or make the underdog the victor... Christ tells us no. Christ tells us His way is better. His way doesn't always seem fair. It doesn't always make us "feel better" and it sometimes quite honestly leaves us looking "stupid". When I am wronged and I do "nothing about it" my flesh tells me "You look weak. You look timid. Stand up for yourself! You know what is right and just! You are not afraid! Put them in their place and rectify this situation for yourself!" Let me tell you how well that's worked out for me. Never does good come from it. A sweet friend reminded me of the lyrics, You make all things work together for my good. How true. Even though initially being patient when wronged seems like "we've lost" God will make it good for you. More of that song says: 

The wind is strong and the waters, deep, but
I'm not alone here in these open seas.
'Cause Your love never fails.
The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side.
But Your love never fails.


                How amazing. Our whole relationship with Christ is based on a "chasm". Webster defines chasm as "a marked division, separation, or difference" or " a deep division". That is exactly what our relationship was with God after He was wronged and sin fell upon us. And just as the song says, that division between us felt "far too wide" without hope of every reaching the other side. That is until Jesus closed that gap. How true in even our relationships where we feel "wronged". His word, His presence, His love can repair the distance. God himself will show up when you are patient. Sometimes, truthfully the gap he repairs isn't even between the people at odds but between you and him. What do you do as you remain patient for God to reveal the knowledge of truth? Well James 1:19 says...

              
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. (NLT) ( James 1:19 ) 

                 Easier said than done, huh? Yeah, I know I'm preaching to the choir here. But let me give you hope. Let me give you Truth. Of all that I have endured while following Christ, I know one thing for absolute sure... God restores. Just be patient. 


               

  photo blogsignature_zpse04c8169.jpg

No comments :